Twitter Page Set-Up & Design
Twitter lets you share photos, updates (tweets) & videos in real time with everyone, or those you choose in 140 characters or less. Its probably the most “social” of the networks, is the easiest place to follow peeps with similar interests, get the latest news and an awesome platform for branding, connecting and promoting your biz. Again it’s FREE, but unlike Facebook, your tweets are not restricted to a small percentage (2-6%) of your hard earned followers (i.e. organic reach). It’s a live flowing twitter stream where anyone who’s anyone can have a say and not have to pay.
Twitter facts and stats
- There are 938 million registered Twitter accounts
- 241 million monthly active users – That’s a lot of people you can potentially convert!
- Average User : Male 47% vs 53% Female
- Average number of Twitter followers = 208
- 32% of top Brands have customer service accounts on Twitter
Getting your tweet on: how to make your tweets stand out!
- Post interesting and relevant tweets, authentic to your business
- Don’t push your products/services all the time – use the golden ratio rule of 30/60/10 – 30% original, 60% curated, 10% promotional (calls to action)
- Engage users honestly with questions and comments relevant to their posts.
- Keep it short – tweets between 120-130 characters get more click throughs.
- Use images – tweets with pics get 150% more retweets and 55% more leads
- Don’t forget to tweet on weekends – you’ll get 17% more responses.
- Use industry and relevant business # hashtags, they act as keywords and allow people to find your tweets when searching.
So if you want to be heard and catapult your business into the twittersphere you need a fab page, with targeted followers and lots of interesting, relevant content. If that all sounds too hard then have me do it for you.
Twitter Design & Set-Up:
- Secure your custom twitter handle (user name)
- Custom Page set-up, with your logo, name, business description/bio, website & location
- Design branded custom business profile header
- Set-up custom coloured links
- Add your profile to the twitter business directory
- Add your business to Twello (yellow pages for twitter)
- Search for followers relevant to your target market and industry
- Page/headstart of relevant hashtags for your business to use in tweets
- Create welcome tweet and pin to the top of your page to welcome visitors